Uro-Oncology offers compassionate care for those diagnosed with kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, penile and testicular cancer. Treatment options offered include medical, surgical and management of tumor through chemo and radiation therapy.
- Trauma from injury or accidents (for example, falling on a frame of a bicycle between the legs, or a car accident)
- Pelvic injury or trauma
- Previous procedures involving the urethra (urinary catheters, surgeries, cystoscopy)
- Previous prostate surgery (TURP or transurethral resection of the prostate)
- Prostate enlargement
- Cancer of the urethra (rare)
- Infections of the urethra (sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, urethritis, gonorrhea, chlamydia)
- Prostate infection or inflammation (prostatitis)
- Previous hypospadias surgery (a congenital birth defect in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside of the penis instead of the tip)
- Congenital malformations of the urethra, which rarely can cause urethral stricture in children
- Cystoscopy: Cystoscopy is endoscopy of the urinary bladder via the urethra. It is carried out with a cystoscope. The cystoscope is inserted into your urethra and slowly advanced into the bladder.
- Urethrography: A retrograde urethrogram is a routine radiologic procedure used to image the integrity of the urethra. Hence a retrograde urethrogram is essential for diagnosis of urethral injury, or urethral stricture.
- Uroflowmetry: Uroflowmetry is a diagnostic test that is administered to check for abnormalities in the amount or flow rate of a patients urine. The procedure is straightforward and painless, and simply involves urinating into a funnel device attached to an electronic meter.
Need to make A Appointment?
Dr Devra’s Uro Plus Kidney ClinicMake An Appointment