Uro-Oncology offers compassionate care for those diagnosed with kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, penile and testicular cancer. Treatment options offered include medical, surgical and management of tumor through chemo and radiation therapy.
- Lower risk of bleeding. Laparoscopic surgery can be a good option for men who take medication to thin their blood or who have a bleeding disorder that doesn't allow their blood to clot normally.
- Quicker recovery
- Cost Effective Procedures
- More-immediate results. Improvements in urinary symptoms from Laparoscopic surgery are noticeable right away. It can take several weeks to months to see noticeable improvement with medications.
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomiesare more common than open procedures. They also have a high success rate. During a laparoscopic adrenalectomy, a surgeon makes small incisions in your abdomen and near your belly button to access the adrenal glands.The surgeon inserts a tiny camera into one of the incisions. This lets your surgeon see your abdominal cavity on a monitor. They will fill your abdominal cavity with gas to help the doctor see the adrenal glands clearly.Using instruments inserted into the incisions, the surgeon will disconnect the adrenal glands and cauterize the blood vessels. They�ll remove the adrenal glands from your body through a plastic bag that the doctor inserts into your abdominal cavity.
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy is surgery to remove a kidney and transfer it to someone with serious kidney problem. The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs found under the ribs on each side of the upper abdomen (stomach). Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy is an emerging technique that has not yet gained widespread acceptance in the transplant community due to perceived technical difficulties. However, the potential advantages of decreasing donor morbidity, decreasing hospital stay and improving convalescence while producing a functional kidney for the recipient may prove to enhance living related renal transplantation.
Need to make A Appointment?
Dr Devra’s Uro Plus Kidney ClinicMake An Appointment