Male Infertility & Sexual Dysfunction
Male infertility is diagnosis is based on abnormal semen analysis. The most common abnormal semen parameters observed are sperm count, motility and morphology of sperm.
Common surgical procedure for male infertility
- Micro surgical varicocelectomy: When abnormal semen parameter is because of testicular vein varicosities, this need ligation of testicular varicose vein. In microsurgical technique, ligation of venous channel in done under operating microscope thus reducing risk of post operative scrotal oedema and no risk of injury to testicular artery.
- Testicular biopsy:when sperm are nor seen in semen, then directly a small tissue is collected from testis by needle biopsy and the tissue is examined under microscope to see either presence of sperm or to retrieve sperm for IVF.
- ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION:Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for his or his partners sexual needs. Most men experience this at some point in their lives, usually by the age of 40, and are not psychologically affected by it.
- Trouble getting an erection
- Difficulty maintaining an erection during sexual activities
- Reduced interest in sex
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Anorgasmia, which is the inability to achieve orgasm after ample stimulation
Dr Amit k.Devra Expertise
- Penile Prosthesis: Penile prostheses are devices that are implanted completely within the penis body (cavernosa). They produce an erection-like state that enables the man who has one of these implants to have normal sexual intercourse.
- Intra cavernosal injection therapy Intracavernosal bimix or trimix specially prepared injection are offered which the patient can himself inject in the penis to achieve good erection. This offers very good erection bur after some time cause pain at injection site.
- Drug therapy Oral PDE5 inhibitors as standard line of treatment in most cases of erectile dysfunction. Testosterone replacement therapy can be offered to some patient with androgen deficiency. Usually testosterone is delivered via injection, patch, gel, gum and cheek (buccal cavity), intranasal, subcutaneous pellet.
- Counseling / Sex therapy Many times young adults keep certain myths or unrealistic expectation or approach about sex . This can cause psychological impact/ guilt or depression in them affecting overall sexual performances. These group of patients are identified and dealt with detailed counseling and sex therapy.